As we come to the year-end, many people are planning for many things that they will do next year. Maybe one of them is to become an investor. Note that investing is not just rushing and setting up a business and wishing to multiply money but it is a calculated move based on informed decision. Before you set up that new business or even invest in stock take note of the following:
- Make a preparation through education, building mental models and continual improvement
- Follow your instinct, do not follow the herd, the herd will only do average
- Calculate the value before looking at the price
- Consider opportunity cost
- Do not rush for any opportunity but wait for the right opportunities
- Be decisive in your actions
- Measure the risk, if possible avoid it. You can have a margin of safety and limit the downside
- Acknowledge what you don’t know. Be ready to learn from others.
It is not how much money you earn that makes your financially free but how you use the money your earn. Many people when they have problems with money rush to get more money. This actually is the wrong assumption. In fact when they get more money they actually get into more financial problems. Wherever you earn money the first thing you should do is to get to know how to keep the money and have the money work for you. Getting financial education on how to invest your money is paramount to your being successful with regard to money use. The following tips will help you make good informed decisions with regard to money use and saving:
- Keep savings and checking accounts at separate banks
- Be patient to have that car, home, vacation etc. Save until you have enough cash to these things
- Have an emergency fund to guard against job loss, or any big expense that might come up
- Prioritize on long-term. Invest before you spend the money on short-term needs
- Stick to your budget
Goal setting is one of the most important discipline that you should have in order to be successful in life. This discipline can be learned through practice and repetition. You can do this by taking 4-5 mins every morning to write your top goals. By writing out your goals at the start of each day you program them into your subconscious mind. This will activate your mind and make you more alert through the whole day enabling you see possibilities and opportunities in achieving your goals. Therefore make it a requirement to set your goals at the beginning of your day and see the change it will bring in you achieving the impossible.