Affiliate Marketing is one the best ways to make money online. Many Online Entrepreneurs, Bloggers and Businesses are making thousands of dollars yearly just from selling affiliate products. With so many affiliate networks around, and even more being created daily, it gets confusing which ones, to join. In this article, we look at some of the best affiliate networks that publishers and vendors or merchants can use to make money online.
How affiliate Marketing works
Affiliate marketing is selling products that you don’t own i.e. other companies produce or own the products, and you sell them on their behalf in return for a commission. To sell affiliate products, you need platforms like: website, blog, social media, landing page etc. You place affiliate links on those platforms (website/blog, social media etc.), when customers click on these links, they are taken to your partners affiliate site, and if they proceed to make a purchase, the affiliate, makes a commission from the sale. You don’t need to worry about customer service, as this is taken care of by the partner’s affiliate company.
We have so many affiliate networks connecting advertisers and publishers online, but only few have managed to achieve great success over the years. In this article, we discuss in detail some of the best affiliate networks, and look at what keeps them at the top.
Clickbank affiliate network is an online retailer with a global reach. Vendors can easily create and sell digital products like eBooks, software, membership programs, physical products etc. Through their platform, customers purchase products via a secure order form which accepts credit cards, PayPal while protecting the transactions through advanced fraud protection. Affiliates can make commission ranging from 1% to 75%.
Key features that stand out on Clickbank:
- Secure payment processing.
- Affiliates can use tracking reporting to see detailed data about transactions and use analytics reporting to see charts and trend data about sales.
- Clickbank makes it easy to sell multiple products through one account or separate accounts.
- Vendors can create an upsell flow; you are able to add one or more steps with additional products, and then attach the flow to the initial product, this helps create more sales.
Maxbounty is a CPA/CPL network. They pay per action or lead. This is one of the leading affiliate networks in CPA advertising. Maxbounty has been around since 2004. Over the time, it has developed into one of the leading affiliate networks. It is listed among the top CPA networks alongside Peerfly. Some of the reasons why Maxbounty affiliate network has achieved success and is most popular among advertisers and publishers are:
- They offer a wide variety of campaigns (over 1500) that publishers can advertise across all types of traffic. Their campaigns range from Freebies, Surveys, Dating, Financial, Insurance, Diet etc.
- They have responsive affiliate managers, who are ready to help publishers through phone, email, IM etc.
- They have various payments methods offered on their platform, which makes it easy for publishers to get paid. These include: Payoneer, PayPal, Wire transfer, Bitcoin at the writing of this post.
Viglink network is a unique affiliate network. Why is it unique? While normal affiliate networks require you add affiliate links to your blog, Viglink uses a technology that scans your website, and keywords and or products mentioned in your content, it then insert a suitable and profitable affiliate links to your contents. All you need to do is install their code into your website or use a Plugin for WordPress users. They pay per action or per click i.e. when readers click on the links and make purchase, you earn a commission. You don’t need to apply to any affiliate network, all you need to do is sign up with Viglink and you get access to a range of affiliate programs. Viglink automatically adds hyperlink to suitable keywords, then link them to suitable affiliate programs. They pay 75% of the commission to publishers and retain 25%.
You can also read:
ShareAsale has been around for over than 15 years. It works in similar way to other affiliate networks but you have to apply individually to promote a given merchant’s products. It is a CPA and CPL network, which means you get paid commission when people click on affiliate links on your blog or website, and make purchases or complete a given action like downloading a software, signing up for a trial or newsletter. To join this network, simply visit their website ShareAsale and click on affiliate sign-up to join as an affiliate or merchant join here, to sign up as a merchant. Once your account is approved, you can find merchants to promote as an affiliate. You apply, and then if successful you get approved to promote products by merchant say X. You also given an access to text links, banners plus other tools to help you promote the products.
- Amazon Associate Program
Amazon Associates Program is one of the first online affiliate marketing programs to be set up, and was launched in 1996. Anyone can promote physical or digital products. The commission paid depends on the product category and monthly sales volume. Amazon Associate program is one of the top affiliate sites for several reasons:
- Anyone can join and works well for any niche type.
- They offer cookies and affiliates get paid for all purchases made during the stipulated time.
- They offer widgets that make it easy to incorporate affiliate products into articles hence march with your blog content. This helps increase conversions.
- They are also a number of plugins to automatically add amazon affiliate links to a blog.
- Their deep linking enables any publisher to link to any page on their site and make money when purchases are made.
You can also read: 10 Influencer Networks to help you make money online.