Investing in foreign stocks means holding shares of companies that are not only based in different geographical locations but also driven by the respective economy-specific factors. Investing in foreign stocks helps to spread the investment risk among the international markets that are different from the home economies.
People who choose to invest in international markets look to gain from the diversification and growth in other economies. This is an important factor since no particular market has consistently remained on the top, and there are a wide range of high-performance markets all over the world.
But note that, just like most other things, International investing has its flip side. When measured in terms of Volatility, foreign stocks are considered to be more risky. Besides, the risk of dramatic changes in their market value, international stocks also have other risks associated with them e.g. Currency Risk which stems from potential unfavorable movements against the home currency. But at times currency movement can also work in favor of the investor and help in enhancing his/her returns. Political Risk that arises from an unstable government or military action in the country of investment. We also have a Inadequate Regulation Risk in the global markets as compared to developed markets like those in the United States. This increases the risk of manipulation or fraud. Another Risk is Insufficient Information available about various international markets, which can limit the investor’s precision of market movements. You can have difficulties interpreting the international market’s information as an outsider investor in addition you need to take note of the fees involved like the commissions and Taxes.
The are various Routes that one can trade foreign stocks as discussed below:
- Direct Investing – There are two ways by which investors can invest directly in foreign stocks. The first way is by opening a global account with a broker in their home country, providing the ability to buy foreign stocks like E*TRADE, Charles Schwab, Fidelity etc. in the United States. The second way is to open an account with a local broker in the target country that offers services to international investors like OCBC Securities in Singapore , Boom’s Trading Platform in the Hong Kong. These two trading Platforms gives access not only to local market but other stock markets. Investors should make sure that these brokers are registered with the market regulator in the home country. In order for investors to pick the right trading platform based on their investing style and interest, they need consider other factors like fees, costs, and facilities provided by the brokerage firm. It is not advisable for small investors to go direct as the system is complicated involving so many things like currency conversions, costs, taxation issues, technical support, research etc. Only serious and established investors should indulge in this process.
- American Depository Receipt (ADR) – ADRs work well for investors as well as for non-US companies. ADRs offer investors a convenient way to hold foreign stocks and also provide an opportunity to non-US companies to establish an US presence and even raise capital in the US stock Markets. Example is one of Alibaba Group Holding Limited World’s largest IPO. The ADRs can be either sponsored or not and have 3 different levels depending upon foreign companies’ access to US markets, as well as disclosure and compliance requirements. Level 1 ADRs cannot be used to raise capital and are only traded over the counter while level 2 and level 3 ADRs are both listed on an established stock exchange e.g. NYSE, NASDAQ only Level 3 ADRs can be used to raise capital.
- Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) – With GDRs a depository bank issues shares of foreign companies in international markets typically in Europe and are available to investors within the US giving them an opportunity to invest in foreign stocks. Though they GDRs are dominated in US dollars and at times in Euros or Sterling Pound, they are typically traded, cleared, and settled in the same way as domestic stocks. London and Luxembourg stock exchanges are the most common destination for listing of GDRs other exchanges include those in Singapore, Frankfurt and Dubai. Online offers
- Mutual Funds – These funds are like regular mutual funds in terms of the benefits they offer and how they work. except they hold a portfolio of foreign stocks rather than domestic stocks. These funds come in a variety of flavors with something for everyone from aggressive to conservative investors. The main types of funds that invest in foreign funds are Global Funds, International Funds, Region or country specific funds and international Index Funds. But note that just like many other international investments, these funds tend to be costlier than domestic counterparts.
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) – Picking the right ETFs is easier for investors than constructing a portfolio of stocks by themselves. While a single ETF can offer a way to invest globally, there are ETFs that offer more concentrated picks e.g. on a particular country. There are a wide range of international ETFs within different categories like Geographical Region, Market capitalization, Investment style, sectors etc. Some of the ETFs come from Providers like Schwab, Flexshares, iShares, SPDR, Vanguard etc. Investors should research the costs involved, liquidity, fees, trading volume, taxation and portfolio before buying any international ETFs. Find Investing Books
- Multinational Corporations – If you are not comfortable investing in international stock using the above methods, then you can look for domestic companies that have a majority of their sales and revenue overseas. For an US investor Coca-cola company(KO) or the McDonald’s Corporation (MCD) provide a good example.
There are many routes to choose from if you want to invest in foreign stocks but it is paramount that the investor first learn about the product they are investing in before they make an informed decision which one he/she can pick besides having knowledge about the political and economic conditions in the country of investment which is essential to understanding the factors that could affect the investment returns. Investors should put focus on their investment objectives, costs and prospective returns, balancing it with their risk tolerance when they are making a choice on international foreign stocks.
Pinterest is one of the social media platforms that you can use to engage and drive traffic to your blog. In fact if you use Pinterest in the best way, it can be the biggest source of traffic to your blog. In this post we are going to look at some of the things that you need to work on in order to fully benefit from Pinterest.
USE AN ENHANCED PROFILE
You can enhance your profile by doing the following:
- Change your profile to a business page.
- Verify your website URL.
- Add keywords beside your name like if you are an event planner, add ” Event Planner” on it.
- Include links to social networks.
- Create a custom URL.
- Since you have a business page, it does not make sense to put your profile picture there, it will be better if you use a profile photo relevant to your industry.
- Incorporate Keywords in your bio.
- Add your location to boost local traffic.
- Then remember to Turn off your ” Search Privacy” settings.
- Write a valuable and engaging description.
- Include keywords e.g. #hashtags, mention people and add your URL in your description.
- Add the correct source URL. Add your URL if you own the content.
- Use large, tall and eye-catching images.
- Do Not use URL shortening such as bit.ly, goo.gl etc. since these are blocked.
- Use search-friendly filename for images and add keywords in it.
- Use rich pins to add more details to your content and make it more informative.
- Pin regularly and consistently.
- Use auto-schedule tools to keep your pinterest fresh.
- Add the ”Pin It” button to your browser to easily pin content from other sites.
- Add more pins that your targeted audience will love.
- Get influencers to pin your content.
- Find out what your competitors are pinning and their most popular pins.
- Test with Pinterest Analytics which content gets most pinning and add similar pins.
- Create content related to current trends or events.
- Share pins related to current trends or events.
- Avoid self promotion. Pin preferred images without human faces.
- Pin older content again to other relevant boards.
- Pin other type of content such as Videos or animated gifs.
OPTIMIZE YOUR BOARDS
- Create specific board Title
- Write clear description and inject some keywords.
- Use enticing cover photos to grab people’s attention.
- Add enough pins in each board to make them look complete.
- Create ” Top Pins” boards. It’s a way of convincing your visitors to pin them again. Access your Favorite Book
- Put your best boards to the top row.
USE PINTEREST WIDGET
- Use the ”Pin it” button to your blog. Add to your site URL in your images ALT tags.
- Add a share button to your site.
- Embed a board widget to your site’s sidebar or footer.
- Embed a related pin within your blog post.
- To engage your audience, you need to Reply to comments, or like pins of people who pin your content.
- Invite contributors to pin on your board or join boards.
- Connect your social media accounts to pinterest.
- Follow people in your industry or Niche.
- Run a contest directly on your site. Online Offers
In this article we look at the four keys that we believe every stock investment should have. These are not new things but rather the core principles that successful investors have been following for decades.
- Invest in sectors and industries that you understand – Becoming an expert in certain areas of the market will give you an upper hand when it comes to selecting stocks to buy. This is like a foundation for all other steps that follows. Pick a given sector or industry and try to get information on it as much as possible. This will enable you to make informed decision when it comes to buying stock.
- Find companies with a Long-Term Competitive Advantages – Companies with long-term competitive advantage have an ”economic moat” i.e. Economic protection. These companies have the following advantages:
- A recognized brand.
- The ability to produce products cheaper than anyone else.
- The ability to sell their products cheaper than anyone else.
- Barriers to entry that make it difficult for competitors or new companies to compete.
- The opportunity to grow at a cheaper cost than anyone else.
- A duopoly situation where two companies dominate the industry like Airbus or Boeing.
- Networking effect where the users of the product or service makes the business more valuable like Google. Check for an Investing Book
3. Look for companies with Excellent Management – This can be done by reading annual and quarterly reports and studying the history of the company’s current management in an attempt to understand what the management is currently doing and what they may do in the future. You can look at the following:
- The management’s history of decision-making. Do they have a track record of someone who we would actually hire if given a choice?
- Understanding how management is compensated. Is their compensation based upon the success of the firm?
- Ensuring that management is shareholder friendly. Do they do things that have the best interest of shareholders in mind?
These questions will help you to answer the question as to whether or not we trust the management enough to purchase the stock.
4. Buy When the stock is at a Good Price. Discounted to Intrinsic Value —Find stocks that are currently trading below the market price. If you can be able to find stocks that are trading below their intrinsic value and have the other three core principles then we would have the formula for a sound stock investment. If you find a stock with the first 3 principles but is not trading below the market price, then it is better you wait. Any investor should know that the price at which he/she pays at, is a critical piece of investing. If you get it wrong then the investment will have a hard time making money. ACCESS ONLINE OFFERS
When all the four principles align then the possibilities of making money increase, though this does not guarantee that you will make money but rather increases the probability of making money.
We have sector & company specific risks in investing. Here we look at some universal risks that every stock faces irrespective of its business.
- Rating Risk – This occurs whenever a business is given a number to either achieve or maintain. Every business has a very important number as far as its credit rating is concerned. The credit rating directly affects the price a business will pay for financing. For public traded companies they have analysts rating which is even more significant value than the credit rating. Any changes to the analysts rating on a stock seem to have much bigger psychological impact on the market. The shifts in ratings, whether negative or positive often cause swings far larger than justified by the events that led the analysts to adjust the ratings.
- Commodity Price Risk – This is simply the risk of a swing in commodity prices affecting the business. Companies that sell commodities benefit when prices go up, but suffer when they drop. Companies that use commodities as inputs will get affected when we have swings in prices, in addition this may affect the whole economy especially when commodity prices go up as people restrain from spending.
- Headline Risk – This is the risk associated with stories in the media that will hurt a company’s business. One bit of bad news can lead to a market backlash against a specific company or an entire sector.
- Obsolescence Risk – This is a risk that a company’s business may become obsolete. The biggest obsolescence risk is that another person may find a way to make a similar product at a cheaper price.
- Detection Risk – This is the risk associated with the auditor, Regulator or any other authority that checks your business compliance to the set requirements or standards. If the companies earnings or any other financial malpractices are happening, the market reckoning will come when the news surfaces. With the detection risk, the damage to the company’s reputation may be difficulty to repair and in some cases, the company may never recover.
- Legislative Risk – This risk refers to the tentative relationship between government and business. Specifically it is the risk that government actions will constrain a corporation or industry, thereby adversely affecting an investor’s holdings in that company or industry. This risk can be realized in several ways: new regulations or standards, specific taxes etc.
- Model Risk – This is the risk that the assumptions underlying economic and business models within the economy are wrong. The mortgage crisis or 2008-2009 is a perfect example of what happens when models don’t give a true representation, in this case risk exposure model doesn’t give a true representation of what they are supposed to be measuring.
- Inflation Risk and Interest Rate Risk – Interest rate risk, refers to the problems that a rising interest rate causes to businesses that need financing. As their costs go up due to interest rates, it is harder for them to stay in business. If this rise in rates is occurring in a time of inflation, and usually rising rates are used to fight inflation then a company could potentially see its financing costs climb as the value of the dollars its bringing in decreases. A rise in interest rates and inflation combined with a weak consumer can lead to a weaker economy. Access online offers
Every investor should know that there isn’t a risk-free stock or business. The rewards of investing can still outweigh the risks that every stock faces be it universal risks or risks specific to the business. The best thing to do as an investor is to know the risks before you buy in.
To be successful in trading, one needs to understand the importance of and adhere to a set of rules that have guided all types of traders, with a variety of trading account sizes. Each rule alone is important but when they work together the effects are strong. Trading with these rules can greatly increase the odds of succeeding in the Markets. We are going to look at each of the rules in details as follows:
- Risk only what you can afford to lose – One must be prepared to lose all the money allocated to a trading account. Therefore it is important not to allocate money meant for other obligations like Children’s college or paying mortgage to a trading account.
- Always use a Trading Plan – A trading plan is a written set of rules that specifies a trader’s entry, exit and money management criteria. Using a trading plan allows traders to do this even though it is time-consuming. You can test a trading idea before you risk real money. Backtesting applies trading ideas to historical data allowing traders to determine if a trading plan is viable, and also shows the expectancy of the plan’s logic. Once a plan has been developed and backtesting shows good results, the plan can be used in real trading. The key is to stick to the plan. Taking trades outside of the trading plan, even if they turn out to be winners, is considered poor trading and destroys any expectancy the plan may have had.
- Treat Trading like a Business – To be successful, one must approach trading as a full or part-time business not as hobby or as a job. As a hobby where there is no real commitment to learning, trading can be expensive. As a job it can be frustrating since there is no regular paycheck. Trading is a business and incurs expenses, losses, taxes, uncertainty, stress and risk. As a trader, you are essentially a small business owner and must do your research and strategize to maximize your business’s potential.
- Protect your Trading capital – This means that you should not take any unnecessary risks and doing everything you can to preserve your trading business but note that losing trades is part of business.
- Become a student of the Markets – Learning should be a continuous process. Traders need to remain focused on learning more each day. Understanding the markets and all of their intricacies is an ongoing, lifelong process.
- Use Technology to your advantage – Charting platforms allow traders an infinite variety of methods for viewing and analyzing the markets. Backtesting an idea on historical data prior to risking any cash can save a trading account, not to mention the stress & frustration. Getting market updates with smartphones allows us to monitor trades virtually anywhere. High speed internet connections can also increase trading performance.
- Develop a Trading Methodology based on Facts – Take time to develop a sound trading methodology. Develop your trading plan based on Facts, not emotions or hope. Check for a Stock Trading Book
- Always use a Stop Loss –A stop-loss is a predetermined amount of risk that a trader is willing to accept with each trade. The stop-loss can be either a dollar amount or percentage, but either way it limits the trader’s exposure during a trade. Using a stop-loss can take some of the emotion out of trading, since we know that we will only lose Y amount on any given trade. Ignoring a Stop-loss, even if it leads to winning trade, is bad practice. Exiting with a stop-loss and thereby having a losing trade, is still good trading if it falls within the trading plan’s rules. Although the preference is to exit all trades with a profit, it is not realistic. Using a Protective stop-loss helps ensure that our losses and our risk are limited.
- Keep Trading in perspective – It is paramount to stay focused on the big picture when trading. A losing trade should not surprise us if it is part of trading plan likewise a winning trade is just one step a long the path to profitable trading. It is the cumulative profits that make a difference. Once a trader accept wins and losses as part of the business, emotions will have less of an effect on trading performance. Setting realistic goals is an essential part of keeping trading in perspective. If a trader has a small trading account, he/she shouldn’t expect to pull big returns.
- Lastly know when to Stop Trading – There are two reasons to stop trading: an ineffective trading plan and ineffective trader. An ineffective trading plan shows much greater losses than anticipated in historical testing. Markets may have changed, Volatility within a certain trading instrument or the trading plan simply is not performing as well expected. You should remain unemotional, and take time to re-evaluate the trading plan and make a few changes or to start over with a new trading plan. An unsuccessful trading plan is a problem that needs to be solved. It is not necessarily the end of the trading business. An ineffective trader is one who is unable to follow his or her trading plan. External stress causes, poor habits and lack of physical activity can all contribute to this problem. A trader who is not in peak condition for trading should consider a break to deal with any personal problems be it health or stress that prevents the trader from being effective. After dealing with the difficulties the trader can resume trading. ACCESS ONLINE OFFERS
It is important for any trader to understand each of these trading rules and how they work together. A good understanding of these rules, can go along way in helping traders establish a viable trading business. Remember that having a successful trading is all about hard work, discipline and patience to follow these rules.
Before you can start making money online blogging, you need to have a blog. There are different platforms that can host your blog. Some of them include: Ipage, Pressable Managed WordPress hosting. It is easy to set up a blog. It is a simple process that does not even need prior experience. All you need to do is follow the step by step procedure. But if you are new to blogging it is recommended you start with free WordPress hosting, then upgrade after sometime to self hosting though this wholly depends on you.
We can now discuss ways in which you can make money online. Note that these are not quick schemes to make money, you will need to dedicate your time and effort to have a good blog that can attract enough traffic which you can monetize.
Some of the ways that have been proven and are legit to make money online blogging include but are not limited to:
- Google Adsense – Google Adsense is one of the best ways to make money on your blog. Although they have strict approval requirements . You have to meet these requirements to be allowed to display their ads on your blog. After approval, they will give you a script to add on your blog. Thereafter their ads will start displaying on your blog. They pay you every time a visitor to your blog clicks on their ads i.e. CPC ( Cost Per Click).
- Sell Sponsored Blog posts – This works in similar to TV shows. A company pays you to represent their product, talk about it and promote it to your readers. To get started, put together a one-page media kit that details your traffic stats, social media following, audience demographics, then approach companies to negotiate a sponsorship deal. Take note of laws in your area about disclosure with regard to publishing sponsored posts.
- Get Paid to Write Reviews – This is similar to sponsored posts. Here you look for products related to your niche and get paid for writing a review. Simply approach companies that you feel you can write reviews on their products. We have websites that help you to connect with businesses that you can write reviews on their products, e.g. SponsoredReviews.
- Make Money with Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate marketing is recommending a product or service to your audience using special tracking links, and then get a referral commission for every time someone buys after clicking your link. Some of the affiliate Networks include: Peerfly, Ebay, Alibaba, Commission Junction, Shareasale etc. You can also check Affiliate resources for more information on what you can promote.
- Use a WordPress Plugin to sell Ads directly – Selling banner ad space on your website can be better instead of relying on intermediaries who take a big portion of the advertising revenue. Here you negotiate the price & terms on your own and take care of invoicing. You can manage this process with WordPress ad management plugin. BuySellAds WordPress Plugin gives you a simple way to insert the ads on your site with widgets and short codes.
- Sell E books – These are digital products. They are simple to write and produce. In fact you can compile your blog posts and turn them into chapters in a book. Once your book is written, you can design a cover using Canva and create a PDF of your book. You can sell digital products with a plugin like the WP E-commerce Plugin. For digital downloads you can use Easy Digital Downloads With this 2 you can easily set up an online store.
- Sell Online courses – Courses usually sell for much higher price point than E books. You will need to create the lessons for your course with the supporting materials such as downloads, slides, checklists, templates etc. You need also to decide if you want to offer personalized support for your course or not. Support can be like an Email Support. To manage your course, you can use a Learning Management System Plugin to deliver the course to your audience.
- Create a Paid Membership Website –Here your audience pay to access a certain content or areas of your site. You can create a members only area where they are willing to pay to read more of your work i.e. enables them to share more in-depth blog posts, downloads, videos, audio content etc. You also need continually create premium content for your paying members. This can be lucrative since it has recurring revenue through subscriptions. To create a membership site with a WordPress plugin like this one Membership 2 plugin. Another way is to create private forums that users must pay to get access to. To get started, you can use bbpress plugin
- Create A Directory Site – Here you charge visitors to advertise their listings on your site. For example, you can create a paid business Directory like a local or niche directory. Directories can gather reviews of local businesses, share the best podcasts on a given topic or list the best products in a certain niche. For this you need a Business Directory Plugin for WordPress. Another option is to create a paid job board. Companies who want to advertise an open position to your audience can pay you to submit a listing. To create a successful job board, try to narrow down to a specific niche.
- Create an Event Calendar With Paid Submission –Here you create an event calendar where you charge people to advertise their events. This works well if you have an already established audience, because businesses will be willing to pay to reach your audience. This works well for local or industry-specific websites. You can choose to advertise events in your local city, conferences in certain industry or even webinars or live streaming events. To set up this, you need WordPress Event calendar Plugin
- Host a Paid Webinar – Webinars is a great tool to build your audience hence growing your business. Webinars are similar to online courses, but a webinar is live and normally it includes a question and answer section. With WordPress you can easily host a paid Webinar. For this you need a plugin like WP Webinar System.
- Offer freelance Services – As a blogger, you are an expert in your niche. You can earn income by offering your skills and expertise as a freelancer to your current audience. As a freelancer, you will need to have a way of invoicing and collecting payments from your clients. One of the plugins you can use for this is WP invoice Plugin
- Start Your own consulting Business –A consultant offers advice and strategy to their clients to enable them become more effective in their areas of endeavors. Here you don’t need any start-up investment. You can start offering consulting services on your blog now by creating a page with a form so users can request more information. To easily get started with a professional, mobile friendly form, you can choose WPForms
- Start an E Commerce Business – You can create an online store for your products but it requires quite more work since you need to create or buy the products and then ship them out yourself. To get started you need a WooCommerce Plugin
- Create a WooCommerce Drop shipping store – Drop shipping allows to create an e-commerce store on your site without having to handle the inventory or ship items yourself. With Dropshipping, you create the store, manage the website, and customer service. But a Dropshipping service will take your orders and ship them out to your customers. They are invisible third-party that your customers don’t even know about. You can use the WooCommerce plugin to implement a dropshipping store. Note that you need to find a good supplier to work with. With a Premium WooCommerce Amazon affiliates plugin you can create an Amazon affiliate store using WooCommerce.
The above are just but some of the best ways you can monetize your Website/blog. There are more other ways that we have not mentioned in this post. What we have discussed can be implemented by any blogger or website owner who wants to make some extra money online. You can share with us some ways we may have left out in the comment section.
These are some of the most popular plug-ins that should have on your blog.
- Akismet –This plugin checks your comments against Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam that it catches under your blog’s comments admin screen.
- All in One SEO Pack – WordPress SEO plugin to automatically optimize your WordPress blog for Search Engines
- Contact Form 7 – This plugin can manage multiple contact forms, in addition, you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering etc.
- Google XML Sitemaps – This plug-in will generate a special XML Sitemap which will help Search Engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it is much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently.
- WP Super Cache – This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog. After a html file is generated your web server will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
- NextGEN Gallery – It provides a powerful engine for uploading and managing galleries of images, with the ability to batch upload, import meta data, add/delete/rearrange/sort images, edit thumbnails, group galleries into albums etc.
- WPtouch – This plugin automatically transforms your WordPress website for mobile devices, complete with ajax loading articles and smooth effects when viewed from popular mobile web browsing devices like the iPhone, iPod touch, Android mobile phones, BlackBerry OS6+ mobile devices etc.
- Google Analytics for WordPress – With this plugin you can Track your WordPress site easily with lots of metadata views per author & category, see automatic tracking and of outbound clicks and page views.
- WordPress Importer – Imports pages, comments, custom fields. categories, tags and more from a WordPress export file.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com – Jetpack is a WordPress plugin that supercharges your self-hosted site with the cloud Power of WordPress.com
- WP-PageNavi – This plugin provides the wp_pagenavi() template tag which generates fancy pagination links.
- Fast Secure Contact Form – This plugin allows a webmaster to easily create and add contact forms to WordPress. This contact form will let the user send emails to a site’s admin, and also send a meeting request to talk over phone or video. An administration panel is present where the webmaster can create and preview unlimited forms.
- Share Buttons By Lockerz/AddToAny – This Plugin will help you share, bookmark, and email your posts and pages using any service such as Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Google, Digg, Delicious and over 100 sharing and social bookmarking sites.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast –This plugin helps you improve your WordPress SEO, write better content and have a fully optimized site.
- WP e-Commerce – WP e-commerce is a shopping Cart plugin that lets customers buy your products, services and digital downloads online.
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (YARPP) – This plug-in gives you a list of posts and or pages related to the current entry, introducing the reader to other relevant content on your site.
- TinyMCE Advanced – This plugin adds 16 plug-ins to TinyMCE. Advanced HR, Advanced image, Advanced Link, Advanced List, Context Menu, Emotions (Smiles)., Date and Time, IESpell, Layer, Nonbreaking, Print, Search and Replace, Style, Table, Visual Characters and XHTML Extras.
- Really Simple CAPTCHA – This plugin does not work alone, it is intended to work with other plugins. It is originally created for contact Form 7, however you can use it with your own plug-in.
- Sociable – After introducing Sociable skyscraper, the ultimate advanced and feature-packed plugin for setting up a rating system on your WordPress blog. It is a sort of banner that reminds your readers to spread the word. You can select and customize several features such as text, color and length in order to ensure your readers and their friends a great sociable Experience.
- WP to Twitter – This enables you to automatically posts a Tweet from your WordPress blog to Twitter using your URL shortening service to provide a link back to your post from Twitter.
- GTrans – It makes your blog available to the world using Google Translate.
- AddThis – This is a social Bookmarking Widget that allows a visitor to bookmark and share your site easily with over 330 popular services.
- Broken Link Checker – This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
- Smart YouTube Pro – Smart Youtube is a professional WordPress Video plugin that allows you to easily insert Videos/playlists into your post, comments and in your RSS feed.
- WP-DB-Backup – WP-DP-Backup allows you easily to back up your core WordPress database tables. You may also backup other tables in the same database. Secure and Backup your Blog with Jetpack
- WP-Polls – This is extremely easy to customize via templates and css styles and there are many options you can choose from to ensure WP-polls runs the way you want.
- Redirection – This is a WordPress plugin to manage 301 re-directions, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have. This can be useful especially when you are migrating from an old website or changing the directory of your WordPress installation.
- BuddyPress – This plug-in lets users sign-up and start creating profiles, posting messages, making connections, creating and interacting in groups and much more. ACCESS ONLINE OFFERS
- W3 Total Cache – Improves site performance and user experience via caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
What do successful people do that sets them apart from the other people? Actually, success comes down to emotional intelligence more than anything else. In this post, we are going to look at how successful people use this skill to achieve their dreams. Ultra successful people portray some of the following qualities:
- They speak with certainty – Ultra Successful people speak assertively because they know it is difficulty to get people to listen to you if you can’t deliver your ideas with conviction.
- They are deliberate – Ultra successful people reach decisions by thinking things out, seeking advice from others and using it to make logical decisions. They know that impulsively relying too much on gut instinct is ineffective and misleading. They are able to slow down and logically think things through.
- They are composed – They are composed because they constantly monitor their emotions; they understand them, and they use this knowledge in the moment to react to challenging situations with self-control. When things go the way they didn’t expect, they are persistently calm and content. They know that no matter how good or bad things get, everything changes with time. All they can do is adapt and adjust to stay happy and in control.
- They use positive Body language – They are cognizant of their gestures, expressions, and tone of their voices knowing very well that this is what draws people to them. Using an enthusiastic tone, not crossing your arms, maintaining an eye contact and leaning towards the person who’s speaking are all forms of positive body language that ultra-successful people use to draw others in . Note, that Positive body language makes all the difference in a conversation because the way you say something can be more important that what you say.
- They are knowledgeable – They seek continuous learning through self-education. They are always looking for opportunities to improve and new things to learn about themselves and the world around them.
- They leave a strong first impression – First impressions are tied intimately to positive body language. A strong posture, a firm handshake, a smile and open shoulders help ensure your first impressions is a good one.
- They seek out small victories – Small victory builds motivation for taking greater challenges, also when you achieve a series of small victories, there is a boost in your confidence. Successful people like to challenge themselves and compete, even when their efforts yield only small victories.
- They are honest – They know that honesty enables genuine connections with people in a way that dishonesty can’t and that lying will always come back to bite you in the end.
- They are graceful – Graceful people are strong and gentle. It is the gentleness of being graceful that gives the successful people their power. They are approachable, likable and easy to get a long with.
- They are grateful/appreciative – Successful recognize others for their contributions towards them being successful. They also appreciate the opportunities that life has given them.
- They are fearless – Fear is in fact a lingering emotion fueled by your imagination. Fear is a choice. Instead of letting fear take over, successful people are addicted to the euphoric feeling of conquering fears.
Succeeding in blogging as an online venture depends so much on the amount of traffic that is visiting your site. The higher the number of visitors to your blog, the better for your online business. There are several ways in which you can generate Traffic to your blog. In this article, we are going to look at different ways in which you can generate free traffic to your blog as detailed below:
- Social Media – Social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, LinkedIn etc. can be a major source of free traffic if used well. All you need to do is post your blog post link on any of these social networks, whenever a person visits your site through a link posted on social network, it is treated as a free traffic. But this doesn’t come that is easy, you will need to time engaging your followers in the comment sections, and replying to their questions or queries to build a reliable traffic base. Your followers need to see you as someone they can interact with freely and learn from. Also you need to have a quite a large following on these networks to be able to get a reasonable traffic from them.
- Search Engine – This can be one of your major traffic sources. The Search Engines includes Google, Bing and Yahoo. Most of the successful bloggers in fact use Search Engines as the main source of traffic. But for you to benefit from Search Engine free traffic, you have follow Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Techniques. Some of the Techniques include, On Page Optimization, which if followed well, may see your blog pages or posts ranked high in Search Engine Results Page (SERP), and thus you get high volume traffic to your blog.
- Email Marketing – If you want to generate highly targeted, free traffic to your blog, that is relevant to your blog content, then email marketing is a good option. This involves building an email list. To achieve good results, you need to entice your visitors by offering free Newsletters, or E-books. Once you build your email list, you can pursue email marketing. You can send emails to these subscribers with links to your latest blog posts. When the users clicks on these links, then are directed to your site. The advantage of Email Marketing is that it goes a long way in helping you build a fruitful and long-lasting relationship with your visitors.
- Guest Blogging – Guest posting is also a free traffic source. You need to select high quality blogs in your niche that have a good traffic for your guest posting. When your guest posts are approved, they are then published. To be able to benefit from the traffic from those blogs where you are guest posting, you can include one or two back links such as from the author bio section or from within the guest post. Guest blogging also helps you build back links for search engine optimization.
- Forum Posting – Forum posting/Forum Marketing is where you share your views, opinions and expertise as well as ask & answer questions on topics relevant to your niche, you then leave behind your identity signature that carries a link to your site or blog post. These forums usually have a large audience base where people participate in discussions. If you actively participate in these forums, you can benefit from these large audience by driving them to your blog besides benefiting from back links.
- Video Marketing – Nowadays videos are getting more popular with most of the internet users. You can use Video marketing as one of your strategies to drive traffic to your blog. You develop a video that is relevant to your blog’s niche and upload to sites like YouTube or Vimeo. In the description section, you can include a link or two pointing to your site. When users watch videos posted by you, they also get links to your blog. Once they click on these links, they arrive at your site or blog hence bringing in more traffic to your blog.
- Blog Commenting – This is similar to Forum Marketing though the only difference is you are commenting on the blog. With good blog commenting, you can build up your brand value. Regularly commenting on blogs helps you to build your relationship with other bloggers. You are seen as an expert who has authority on the subject in which you are commenting. You can leave a link to your blog where necessary in the comment section. This can bring free traffic to your blog.
- Document sharing sites – These are sites used to host PDF files or any other documents. All you need to do is to upload PDF documents, which can be downloaded by other people. You can attach a link to your site from within the PDF document. This will enable you to drive traffic to your blog.
- RSS Aggregators – These are websites which collects/aggregates blog post. You need to list your site in a RSS Aggregator and your latest blog post will be shown on their website. The advantage here is that you get an opportunity to access a larger readership base. Start a blog with WordPress
- Q&A Traffic – Q/A sites like Quora, Yahoo answers can be used to drive traffic to your site. When you answer questions in your niche, you have an opportunity to place a link to your site in the references section. This can boost your traffic when people visit your blog for more information.
For you to best invest your money in stocks, there are parameters that you must check when analyzing the stocks.
Here we take a look at factors that you should check, when doing financial analysis, valuation analysis, business & industry analysis & management analysis.
- Sales growth – Growth should be consistent year on year. A growth of >15% for say last 7-10 years. Ignore companies where sudden spurt in sales in one year is compounding the 10 years performance. Very high growth rates of >50% are unsuitable.
- Profitability – Look for companies with sustained operating & net profit margins over the years. A Net profit margin >8%
- Tax Payout – Tax rate should be near general corporate tax rate unless some specific tax incentives are applicable to the company. Tax payout of >30%
- Debt to Equity Ratio – Look for companies with D/E ratio of as low as possible. Preferably zero debt. D/E ratio should be <0.5
- Interest Coverage should be >3
- Current ratio >1.25
- Cash Flow – Positive CFO is necessary, CFO >0
- Cumulative PAT vs. CFO – Cumulative PAT & CFO should be similar for last 10 years i.e. cPAT∼cCFO
- Ensure P/E ratio <10, companies with such a P/E ratio provide a good margin of safety.
- P/E to Growth ratio <1
- Earnings Yield (EY) >10 year G-sec yield – EY should be greater than long-term government bond yields or bank fixed deposit interest rates.
- P/B ratio <1 especially for financial services sector
- Price to sales ratio (P/S ratio) <1.5 – For example you can buy when the P/S ratio is <1.5 and sell if >3
- Dividend Yield (DY) >0% The higher the better. DY of > 5% is very attractive. But do not put much focus on DY for companies that are in a fast growth phase.
BUSINESS & INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- Comparison with industry peers – The company should show sales growth higher than peers. If its sales growth is similar to peers, then there is no competitive advantage.
- Increase in production capacity and sales volume – Company mush have shown increased market penetration by selling higher volumes of its product/service.
- Conversion of sales growth into profits – A more competitive firm would show increased profits with increasing sales. Otherwise, sales growth would only be a result of unnecessary expansion or aggressive marketing push, which can erode value in the long-term.
- Conversions of profits into cash – if cPAT>>cCFO then either the profits could be fictitious or the company isn’t collecting money from its sales.
- Creation of value of shareholders from the profits retained – The company should show increase in Market Capitalization in the last 10 years. Increase in retained profits in the last 10 years. Otherwise the company is destroying the wealth of its shareholders.
- Background check of promoters & directors – You can do a web search on this. There shouldn’t be any information questioning the integrity of promoters & directors.
- Management succession plans – Good succession plan should be in place. Salaries being paid to potential successors should be in line with their experience.
- Salary of promoters vs. net profits – No salary increase with declining profits/losses. The promoters should not have a history of seeking increase in remuneration when the profits of the company declined in the past.
- Consistent increase in dividend payments – Dividends should be increasing with increasing profits of the company.
- Project execution skills – The company should have shown good project execution skills with cost and time overruns. Exclude capacity increase by mergers & acquisitions.
- Promoter shareholding should be >51% the higher the better.
- Promoter buying the shares – if the promoter of the company buys its shares, investors should buy too.
- FII shareholding ∼0% the lower the better.
- Product diversification – Company should be either a pure play ( only one business segment) or related products. Pure play model ensures that the management is specialized in what they are doing. Refrain from buying into companies offering entirely different unrelated products/services. An investor should rather buy stocks of different companies, if he/she wants diversification.
- Government Influence – There should be no government interference in profit-making. No cap on profit returns or pricing of product. No compulsion to supply to certain clients. ACCESS ONLINE OFFERS
If you diligently follow these parameters by investing in stocks that promise good fundamentals, and doesn’t spend so much on them then you can be assured of good returns from your investments over time. However, the above parameters aren’t the complete list of what should look for when picking stocks. You should read further about investment analysis and you can add or even remove some of the above parameters per your understanding.