It is important to take note of the following factors when selecting, updating and adding plugins to your site:
- When selecting plugins, always check the reputation of the source, whether it will work with your version of WordPress, and whether support is available to you in the event issues arise.
- Keep your current plugins up to date, and delete any which are not in use, as this will maximize how you use your active plugins.
- When adding a plugin, keep in mind that it may lower your page speed, so be sure to monitor any changes in page speed before and after you install one.
There are many web hosting companies out there but one thing you should take note of, is to use hosting that is optimized for use by bloggers. Companies like Ipage, Bluehost, Fatcow etc. have some optimization for WordPress. With these you can expect a faster site and efficient Management experience. These hosting companies come with tools that help you to install WordPress automatically without having to worry setting up MySQL databases. In fact you can do these installation on your own. When I installed WordPress on Ipage, I had no prior experience but I managed to do it successfully.
What makes Ipage stand out? You get the following features if you sign up for Ipage hosting:
- Free domain Name Registration –At Ipage, you will get one free domain when you sign up for a new account
- Free Search Engine Optimization –You don’t need to pay for Search engine submission. You can submit your blog to popular search engines such as Bing, Google, Yahoo by yourself. I did this on my own for my blog.
- Reliable Website Stats – You can easily know how your blog is performing with regard to traffic by using Google Webmaster Tools in your Ipage control panel.
- Free Online Marketing Guides – You don’t need to worry on how you will market your blog. Ipage will offer you free marketing guides to accelerate your results.
- If you are not using Ipage yet, you can sign up easily through this link Sign Up for Ipage
Since I started using Ipage hosting, I believe it is the best besides many other people know that it is the most user-friendly web hosting provider in the market. In fact when I registered my account with Ipage, and had my blog running in minutes.
STEPS TO CREATING A BLOG ON IPAGE
First sign up for Ipage if you don’t have an account with them by clicking this link IPAGE. If you already have an account with them simply login.
At time of writing this post, they have an introductory pricing of only $1.99 per month. Note the original price is usually $ 10.95 per month. Therefore you can take advantage of this offer and have your blog in minutes. IPAGE
From the control panel, go to the website and click on WordPress ICON