Have you ever been restricted from using the social media? or your site banned by the search engines? Getting banned either by the social media or search engines means that the only way you can get traffic to your site is through your email subscribers. Having an email list gives you an upper hand when it comes to controlling who visits your site and when. There several reasons why a blogger or business person needs to start building an email list now as enumerated below:
- An email inbox is a personal space – someone’s email box is more private unlike the social media where everything is in the open. With an email you get to build a relationship with your subscribers as you have more time with them.
- You own the list – The list belongs to you unlike the social media followers. The list is not owned by the email service providers. You can always download the .csv file from the email service providers. You are the only person permitted to send emails to the list.
- You have full control – You have control over when people will receive your emails. Whenever you send an email out, you can immediately drive traffic to your blog or website landing pages hence if you have something to sell, people will be there to listen and perhaps buy. When you post something on social media there is no guarantee that your followers will see them in fact at any time only a small percentage of your followers will see your posts.
- Automation – Automation makes email marketing a great tool, with a good email service provider like GetResponse you are able to send customized automated emails to people e.g. you can send a particular email to new subscribers thanking them, or subscribers who subscribed 7 days ago etc.
- Email Converts better – The most important reason of all is that when someone is a subscriber, they are more likely to end up buying from you!
How to get started with Building an email list
For you to start building an email list, you need an email service provider to collect the emails and to send people emails from. These emails include automated emails where you write once and set it up to run on autopilot or broadcasts which you write and send immediately to many subscribers. I recommend GetResponse because it is easy to use, affordable and they have trial offer where you can use and test their services free of charge.
Some of the Best Email Services providers include:
You can also read: