There are so many ways to make money online, but Affiliate marketing remains one of the best ways that anyone can leverage to make a full income online. You can also earn online by:
- Creating your own product and Selling it to your Audience
- Displaying ads like Media net and Google Adsense
- Publishing Sponsored Posts on your blog
You can read more on how to monetize your Blog Here. In this article we are going to discuss simple steps to successful affiliate marketing.
So before we go further, we need to know what Affiliate marketing means? In a nutshell, affiliate marketing is getting paid commission for promoting products and services that you don’t own.
You can also read:
Steps to Successful Affiliate Marketing
Successful Affiliate marketers employ these 4 simple steps. We can look at them in details as follows:
Choose a topic or niche that you are passionate About
Choosing something you are passionate about is very important as this is what keeps you going everyday even when things aren’t working. But note, you have to put your idea to a ”business test”. This is to ensure that what you choose has a commercial value that can profit you. Simple ways to test out your idea is to find out, if many people share your passion. Having a big audience passionate about a given idea puts you in the right track to monetizing it. You also need to find out, if people can spend money on your topic. The information you share has to be valuable enough to your target audience that they will be willing to pull out their credit cards for it. The final test you can put your idea to, is competition. Going to a market without competition makes things difficulty for you. If your idea has a competition then that is great. This means they have validated the market, hence you can make a profit.
Here are some topics/niches that are profitable
- Health & Fitness (Weight loss, healthy eating etc.)
- Relationships (Marriage, Dating advice, Parenting)
- Finding a job
- Career advice
- Making money online
- Business (Real Estate, Investing, Wealth)
The above are just but few of topics, that can drive a large audience and bring in profits.
So you have picked a topic the next step, is to build a website.
Build a Website/Blog
Anyone can start a website; you don’t need any prior experience. In fact when I started this site, I had zero experience on website building. Nowadays with few clicks and in a matter of minutes you can have your website up & running and start publishing posts. If you don’t have a website or Blog yet, you can create one Here. As soon as you have your site set up, you need to put up content, you can choose to write say 5 posts, set up social media accounts for the website then you can publish them at once.
Attract Visitors to your Site
Writing quality content is not a guarantee that people will read it. Successful online content creators promote their content more than they write it. Ensure every post you publish is promoted in the right places to reach the desired audience. Note, that without traffic, then you have no potential customers for the products you are promoting on your site. You can drive free traffic from Social media networks, Forums and Search engines or drive paid traffic using Google AdWords, Facebook ads, Bing ads etc. To drive traffic from Search engines, you need to optimize content on your site, we call this Search Engine Optimization. This ensures your site Ranks well high in say Google.
You can also read:
- The Ultimate Guide to Content SEO for Bloggers.
- How to Generate Free traffic to your Blog.
- 18 Free ways to Promote your Blog.
- 8 Reasons your Blog Traffic is very low.
Start Making Money
Lastly after setting up your site, putting up enough content and being able to build an audience base, you can now start promoting affiliate products. We have several affiliate networks you can work with: Admitad has hundreds of affiliate programs you can promote, and they are open to any one from any part of the world to join. Amazon Associates Program is one best network for affiliate marketing for Niche Websites. They have almost everything you need for any of your niche topics. Others include: Viglink, ShareAsale, Peerfly, Maxbounty. If you want to access simple campaigns like promoting Freebies, Trial sign ups then Peerfly and Maxbounty are the best stop for you.
Reasons why Peerfly is the best CPA Network for affiliate Marketers:
- They have a variety of offers that are easy to market. Over 1000 offers to choose from, making it one of the biggest CPA network.
- They have a number of payment options like PayPal, Payoneer, Checks, Bank Wire, Bitcoin etc. This ensures that everyone gets paid with ease.
- They offer higher payouts than many other networks, hence best choice for many affiliate marketers.
- It is open to any person from any part of the world.
- They have a training program for new affiliates to help them better understand how their platform works.
- You can make extra money through their referral program.
- They have a flexible payment options. You can choose net 30, net 15 or even weekly payments depending on the offers you are promoting and sales or leads you generate.
- Every affiliate is assigned an affiliate manager who is ready to help when needed.
If you are not yet registered with Peerfly, you can join them here.
Many publishers are earning big with Maxbounty affiliate network. I think, this is a good network that I would recommend to anyone who wants to make reasonable income from Affiliate marketing. Here are some of the reasons you need to join Maxbounty:
- They have over 1500 campaigns to advertise across all traffic types like Freebies, Surveys, Financial, Insurance, Dating, Diet etc.
- They have responsive Affiliate Managers who you can easily reach through phone, email, IM etc.
- Weekly Payments that are on time and never late.
- Various payments methods like Payoneer, PayPal, Wire, and Bitcoin at the writing of this post.
- Currently they have over 20,000 active affiliates on their network.