Continuous learning is a key aspect of our personal development especially in the current computer age where there is an ever-changing technology. Continuous learning is the urge to acquire knowledge and skills in preparation for your future opportunities.
I have always aspired to pursue more learning to gain a deeper understanding of say a given subject or gain more skills in my profession. I believe for us to better keep up with the latest trends in our various industries, we need to keep on learning.
Education shouldn’t be a one life event whereby once you have completed and gained a certification, you stop but it should be considered as a lifelong process of personal growth.
I get inspired by great minds the likes of Warren Buffet and Bill Gates who in spite of their great success in life, they still pursue more knowledge. They view learning as the best investment of our time.
Some of the reasons I continue to learn, and will even do it more in future are:
- With my continued learning, am able to improve my profile and hence my employability. This enables me get prepared well for future job opportunities and also I can easily get recommendations for new jobs.
- Am also able to gain leadership skills. Continuous learning helps me develop my leadership skills which are the keys to succeeding in life and career. For example with good leadership skills you are able to manage people under you effectively for better results.
- As indicated in the introduction, continuous learning also helps me remain relevant. To keep with ever-changing technology, I read to remain updated and informed with current trends in my industry.
How I do it
When you are open-minded, and curious it is easier for you to seek new knowledge or take in different opinion say on a given subject.
So I do I go about learning continuously?
- Most of the time, I learn new things by doing research.
- I also frequently write on topics related to my profession or industry and share it with my audience, say on LinkedIn or Facebook Groups related to that subject. This way I am able to keep learning new ideas while at the same time, sharing the knowledge with other people.
- I do frequently register for trainings online at various websites that offers trainings that I see fit for my career development. We have many companies offering such a courses that you can register online and improve your skill set or gain new skills, example of such a firm is Kaplan.
- I do participate in group discussions on social media networks.
- Lastly I read articles online, listen to podcasts, and watch YouTube Videos.
You can also read: How to succeed in your Career
How do you keep on pursuing learning? Feel free to share your ideas in the comment section below. #AFutureYouCanCountOn