Ezoic is an ad testing platform and optimization platform. With Ezoic you can test different types of ad combinations in terms of sizes, colours, placements and even networks against each other.
Ezoic uses artificial intelligence to learn the visitors’ behaviour to improve website’s earnings and user experience. Ezoic can be classified as an ad management system, in that, with it; you can be able to test multiple ads from different ad networks in different locations to determine the best performing combinations.A simple guide to SEO for Beginner & Seasoned Bloggers
Ezoic helps you with the setup, and takes care of optimization and maintenance of the ads running on your site. This enables publishers to spend more time publishing content on their sites other than worrying about ad placements and optimization and how to increase their ad revenue.
Since Ezoic is a Google Certified publisher partner, they use Google best practices when maximizing performance and earnings with Google Adsense, DoubleClick ad Exchange and Double click for publishers.
For more details on Ezoic, you can read the following Articles:
- How to increase your ad revenue using Ezoic Ad Tester
- Is Ezoic the best Alternative to Mediavine?
- Ezoic vs. Monumetric, which one is the best of the two for bloggers?
Google Adsense is an advertising program that allows you to run ads on your site or YouTube videos and get paid when people click on them.
These ads are generated from advertisers who use Google AdWords program. These ads are targeted to your content or audience and come in all shapes and sizes. You site can display images, videos, text and interactive ads.
Google can automatically deliver targeted ads in the following ways:
- Contextual targeting – Here they use factors such as keyword analysis, word frequency, font size and the overall link structure of the web in order to determine what a webpage is about and precisely match Google ads to each page.
- Placement targeting – With this method advertisers choose specific ad placements or subsections of publishers websites on which to run their ads. Ads that are placement-targeted may not be precisely related to the content of a webpage but are hand-picked by advertisers who’ve determined a match between what users are interested in and what they have to offer.
- Personalized targeting – Personalized advertising, enables advertisers to reach users based on their interests, demographics etc.
- Lastly, we have run of network targeting – This lets advertisers target all sites in the Google Adsense network except explicitly excluded sites according to available inventory.
You can also read: How to get approved by Google Adsense
Comparing Ezoic with Google Adsense
Ezoic vs. Google Adsense let’s find out which is the best option for you by considering the following comparisons:
- While it is free to join both Ezoic and Google Adsense, you need at least 10, 000 website visitors monthly to join Ezoic.
- Google Adsense has a detailed reporting in place; you can see details like the number of clicks on ads, Cost per Click (CPC), click through rate (CTR), which is not present in Ezoic. Ezoic only gives earnings per 1000 visitors, also called EPMV.
- Both networks pay monthly, but you need to reach $20 payment threshold to get paid by Ezoic, while $100 for Google Adsense.
- Google Adsense auto ads if activated can cause problems to your site like ad dilution in case you are using ads from other networks, since auto ads don’t detect other ads on your web page. Google Adsense auto ads, can also lead to many ads being displayed on your web page, more than the number of ads allowed. This can lead to suspension and even a ban from Google Adsense but with Ezoic, you don’t have to worry about displaying more ads than what is allowed as their system detects ads from other ad networks and only displays ads where it is allowed by their system.
- With Ezoic, you have control over ads displayed, this is not the case with Google Adsense, especially when using auto ads, they just fill any space available.
- Ezoic can help you improve the site loading speed using their caching and cloudflare apps whereas with Google Adsense, their ads can slow down your site especially the auto ads, since some of them may have a slower loading rates. This can increase your bounce rate, which can affect your traffic and ad earnings.
- Google Adsense can have your account banned without a warning. With Ezoic, they will first write to you in case they suspect something suspicious with your account. Depending on your response, they will give you a warning, suspend or terminate your account.
- In terms of earnings, Ezoic performs better than Google Adsense with a given amount of traffic since they will run best performing ads on your site from different networks, besides Ezoic pays per view, meaning you will earn money just from displaying ads which is not the case with Google Adsense that runs ads mainly from their Google adwords program and people must click on ads to earn any reasonable money with Google Adsense.
If I were to choose between Ezoic and Google Adsense, I will go for Ezoic . But note, you can still work with both networks , Ezoic allows you to link your Google Adsense account through their Mediation App. With this, they can display Adsense ads on your behalf, only when they win bids over ads from other ad networks.