Goal setting can be a great way through which you can learn a new skill or practice good habits. Here are helpful tips to help you in setting successful goals that will work for you.
- Make a strategy – Be sure to take all of the details into consideration to make a good sound plan to reach your goal. Determine whether or not your goal is realistic, and if it so then determine in what time span it could be achieved. Also, make sub-goals and daily routines that will allow you to gauge your progress regularly. It should be a clean learning curve, adapted to your place.
- Dream Big – Never be afraid of saying exactly what you want, even if it seems an overwhelming thing to do. Make it something you are passionate enough about to reach without looking back or slowing down. Let this dream be the driving motivation for your work.
- Find Support – Be willing to share your thoughts and progress to those you value in your life especially the bigger goals. For dreams that require years of work it is difficulty at times to maintain forward momentum and having the support of another will encourage you in those hard times. If possible,find someone who has already accomplished the goal you are striving for and ask them for useful information and ideas to help your progress.
- Work hard – Always be proactive and maintain a strong work ethic. Never settle for laziness or procrastination. Decide in advance to do whatever it takes to reach success, and don’t let distraction get in your way. It may be easy to watch TV but it won’t help you anyway.
- Attitude – Maintain a positive attitude and always approach your practice with passion. The only way to fail is to become discouraged. Never give up and be willing to adapt your strategy to cope with any of life’s encroaching problems.
Do you plan to be a long-term investor? The following principles can help you succeed in your plans:
- Don’t chase a hot tip. Let your own research and analysis guide your stock purchases, not someone else’s.
- Sell the losers, and let the winners ride. Let losers go before their value completely plummets but note that it is actually difficulty to know which suffering stock will turn around and which ones won’t.
- Don’t over emphasize the P/E ratio, which compares a company’s share price to its earnings per share. It should be within the proper context, and in conjunction with other analytical processes.
- Short term movements should not prompt panic because short-term volatility is inevitable. A quality investment will persevere.
- Resist the lure of penny stocks. A lousy $8 company has just as much risk as a lousy $ 100 company. Remember, companies with lower share prices face fewer regulations.
- Pick a strategy and stick with it.
- Focus on the future. Base decisions on potential rather than the past.
- Be open-minded. Many good investments are not household names. But many of them have the potential to turn to blue chips.
- Adopt a long-term perspective. Embracing the long-term horizon and diminishing “the get in, get out and make a killing” mentality.
- Lastly keep taxes in mind. Although investors should try to minimize tax impacts, it’s rare to find tax considerations dictating investment decisions. Join our Newsletter List.
Few leaders exhibit great leadership skills. You know a great leader when you’re working for one. Great leadership is dynamic, it melds a variety of unique skills into an integrated whole. Effective problem solvers or Leaders have the following traits:
- Effective Communication – A good leader knows how to communicate. Effective communication is a fundamental element of how leaders accomplish their goals each and every day. You can’t become a great leader until you are a great communicator. Great communications inspire people. They create a connection with their followers that is real, emotional and personal regardless of any physical distance between them. Great communicators forge this connection through an understanding of people and ability to speak directly to their needs.
- Courage – People need courageous leaders. People will wait to see if a leader is courageous before they are willing to follow his or her lead. They need someone who can make difficult decisions and watch over the good of the group. They need a leader who will stay the course when things get tough. People are far more likely to show courage themselves when their leaders do the same.
- Humility – Great leaders are humble. They don’t allow their position of authority to make them feel that they are better than anyone else.
- Generosity – Great leaders are generous. They share credit and offer enthusiastic praise. They are committed to their followers success as they are to their own. They want to inspire all of their employees to achieve their personal best, not because it will make the team more successful, but because they care about each person as an individual.
- Self awareness – Great leaders have a high self-awareness, meaning that they have a clear and accurate image not just of their leadership style, but also of their own strengths and weakness. They know where they shine and where they are weak, and they have effective strategies for leaning into their strengths and compensating for their weakness.
- Passion – Passion and enthusiasm are contagious. Great leaders are passionate about what they do, and they strive to share that passion with everyone around them.
- Authenticity – Authenticity refers to being honest in all things, not just what you say and do, but who you are. When you are authentic, your words and actions align with who you claim to be. Your followers shouldn’t be compelled to spend time trying to figure out if you have ulterior motives. Anytime they spend doing so erodes their confidence in you and in their ability to execute. Leaders who are authentic are transparent and forthcoming. They aren’t perfect, but they earn people’s respect by walking their talk.
- The are approachable – Great leaders make it clear that they welcome challenges, criticism, and viewpoints other than their own. They know that an environment where people are afraid to speak up, offer insight and ask good questions is destined for failure. By ensuring that they are approachable, great leaders facilitate the flow of great ideas throughout the organization.
- Accountability – Great leaders have their follower’s backs. They don’t try to shift and they don’t avoid shame when they fail. They are never afraid to say, ” The buck stops here,” and they earn people’s trust by backing them up.
- Sense of purpose – Whereas vision is a clear idea of where you are going, a sense of purpose refers to an understanding of why you are going there. People like to feel like they are part of something bigger than themselves. Great leaders give their followers that feeling.
- Adherence to the Golden Rule +1 – The Golden Rule – Treat others as you want to be treated. Assumes that all people are the same. It assumes that, if you treat your followers the way you would want a leader to treat you, they’ll be happy. It ignores that people are motivated by vastly different things.
- Infectiousness – Great leaders know that having a clear vision isn’t enough. You have to make that vision come alive so that followers can see it just as clear as you do. Great leaders do that by telling stories and painting verbal pictures so that everyone can understand not just where they are going but what it will look and feel like when they get there. This inspires others to internalize the vision and make it their own.
What are other traits that make great leaders? feel free to comment below and if you like this post, you can share it with others.
If you want to build a better blog you will need a thriving audience based around your blogging community. You can only build a great community around your blogs when you have an active readership. Good audience or traffic is one that converts better in every sense: as a subscriber, as a product buyer, and as engaged audience.
For you to build an active audience for your blog, you need to be consistent and patient. It takes time to build a loyal audience. Here we will look at what you can do to build an audience base that are loyal to your blog.
- Use social media sites to grow subscribers – Sites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ can provide a good platform on which you can build your online reputation. If you want to build loyal audience for your blog, you need to be active on social media. Take sometime to engage other bloggers or influencers in your niche. Don’t just focus on likes and shares but try to engage your readers. Focus on building a community around your blog and the shares and likes will come easy. Try promoting your best content and comment on them regularly to build a healthy relationship with your audience.
- Use guest blogging as a tool – I believe guest blogging is one of the best way to quickly build a brand around your blog. Guest blogging brings quality back links, besides it gives your blog a more online presence and readership. Note that when you are guest blogging, post a high quality posts, this will make people follow back to your blog when your posts are amazing, good and unique. Guest post on blogs that are popular and bigger than yours to increase your loyal readers, get more subscribers etc.
- Connect with other bloggers – Blogging is an online business. It needs good contacts, relationship and healthy network with other bloggers and influencers in the same niche to succeed. The more relationship you have to build around your blog, the better the quality of loyal audience. With a base of loyal audience other things comes easy like sales, online visibility and traffic. Use other people’s blogs to connect with them. Try blog commenting, guest posting, and sending them emails about their posts and work around building these relationships. Introduce their blogs or posts to your readers on your blogs. Doing this will go along helping you build an online presence, reputation and a strong network of fellow bloggers.
- keep Writing quality content – If you don’t have great blog posts on your site, no one will be interested in reading your blog. Try to identify what problems your audience have, this will help you write much better blog posts. Know what they want and build a network around them and what they need. Research well and connect with other influencers in your niche to know what they are writing about. Observe how they are connecting to people on their blogs to improve their readership.
- Respond to everyone – Engage and respond to your readers. Try to engage them with them through your blog comments, social media sites like Twitter, and Facebook, LinkedIn and emails. When you respond to your readers in a timely manner, they will become your fans to your site.
- Lastly, Invest money on blog Design – If you want to quickly grab the attention of readers or other bloggers, make your blog design look professional. Have your blog serves up a mobile-friendly theme, since mobile users are rapidly increasing day by day. Join Affiliate Programs
If you find this article helpful, share it with your friends on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and any other social media.
Getting into entrepreneurship is usually trick, more so becoming successful. Here we have few guidelines that may help anyone with a good idea become successful entrepreneurs.
- Have passion and Motivation –Passion is all about getting that one thing that you can work on over and over again without getting bored. If you are passionate about something, no matter the challenges that you face, you can sail through it because you believe in what you do. Entrepreneurship usually comes with all sorts of challenges and one can withstand these challenges by looking for that one thing he/she is passionate about. Your demonstration of passion and motivation will determine your success in any entrepreneurial venture.
- Entrepreneurs are Risk takers –Entrepreneurship is all about taking a dive deep into a future of uncertainty. Successful entrepreneurs are willing to risk their time and money on unknown ventures, but they also keep resources, plans and bandwidth for dealing with, “unknowns” in reserve. They evaluate the risk and determine if it is worth the cost of their career, time and money.
- They have Self-belief, Hard work and Disciplined action –They believe in themselves, and enjoy what they do. They are confident and demonstrate discipline & dedication to what they do.
- Successful entrepreneurs show Adaptability and Flexibility –Market needs are usually dynamic i.e. changes are a recurring phenomenon. Successful entrepreneurs will always welcome all the suggestions for optimization or customization that enhances their offering and satisfies their clients and market needs. Note that being inflexible about client or market needs will lead to failure. Entrepreneurship is not simply about doing what you believe is good but also making a successful business out of it.
- They understand their offering and its market – Successful entrepreneurs know their product offering well, they also know the market place and its dynamics inside out. If you remain unaware of changing market needs, a competitor moves and other external factors can bring even great products to failure.
- Successful entrepreneurs have good Money Management –They realize this mandatory money management requirement and plan for present and future financial obligations.
- They Plan – Successful entrepreneurs maintain a mindset and temperament to be capable of dealing with the unforeseen possibilities. They do a feasibility analysis; identify time capital thresholds; take the deep dive with their limited resources, if their thresholds are crossed, they look for alternatives to take the next exit.
- Successful entrepreneurs have networking abilities –They reach out to mentors with more experience and extensive networks to seek valuable advice.
- They are prepared to take the Exit –Always have it in your mind that not every attempt will result in success. Sometime it’s absolutely fine to take the practical exit route and try something new, instead of continuing to make the sunk cost investments in the same venture. Many successful entrepreneurs ever known did not succeed on their first attempt, but they had serenity and foresight to know when to cut their losses. Join our Newsletter List.
- If you have the courage to ask yourself intimidating questions like can I do this? then you have the stuff to be an entrepreneur.
If you want different results, you need to do things differently. Here are some 10 ways to transform your life and your business.
- Update your technology – Assess what technology would help you do business more effectively, whether it is a tablet or iPad or software upgrade.
- Get organized – Try scanning and saving important documents in the cloud to avoid files of paper piling up, besides this will save space. Cloud storage makes it easy to access and share what you need.
- Get outside your comfort zone – Try something that truly challenges you, like public speaking or skydiving. Stretching yourself in your personal life will translate to increased confidence in your business.
- Take a lesson – Learn something completely new, like how to use Instagram for marketing your business or delve deeper into a subject you already know to become a real expert. This can be done by taking online tutorials and courses to in-person workshops and conferences.
- Broaden your connections – Reach out to someone you admire and invite them to coffee to pick their brain. Reach out to someone you want to do business with to share ideas about how you could work together. Create an advisory circle of other business people and professionals and meet once in a month to get advise and inspiration.
- Set a big goal – Write it down, then plan out how you could really achieve it.
- Raise your profile – A business to business entrepreneur can contribute to the community by speaking or chairing panels at conferences or contributing to the blogs. A Business to customer entrepreneur can contribute by sponsoring local events or getting involved in local charities.
- Share the burden – Delegate some work, and do not take everything on yourself . Focus on what you enjoy and excel in.
- Get a grip on your finances – Create sales and financial projections for your business and use them to assess whether you might need business financing. Check out business’s credit rating and take steps to improve it if necessary.
When you finally discover that you will never make it big working for someone else, the idea of starting a business comes up. What should you look at as the best small business to start? Most entrepreneurs give up at the first step-finding the right small business to start. The following are some of the things that can help you make an informed decision:
Get ideas for small businesses – Sit down with your business partners and brainstorm. Read inspirational accounts of those entrepreneurs that started small and have made it big like Bill Gates, the late Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, to get your creativity flowing. Start out small by keeping your ideas as simple as possible at first. You should focus on margins – the best businesses sell a high volume of high-margin products. Common high margin products tend to look and feel cheap. If you are offering a service such as auto repair-make sure that your company has something that sets it apart from its competitors.
Criteria to consider
Test your ideas against the following criteria:
- How much cash do you have on hand to devote to your new business?
- How is your credit rating?
- How much more capital will you need from venture capitalists. angel investors, family, friends or the bank to get started?
- How many years are you willing to dedicate to clawing your way back to profitability?
- Where will your business flourish?
- What are the income levels of the average person in the area?
- Will they find your product too expensive?
- Are there similar businesses in the immediate area?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages your company has compared to competitors?
- Are there any businesses that your company can complement?
- Has there been a proven demand for your product or service in the area?
- Have companies offering the same products attempted and failed before you?
- Make sure you do a thorough market research both qualitative and quantitative to get an accurate gauge of demand for your proposed product or service Join our Newsletter List
- Find out how long it will take to achieve profitability?
- Will your business last longer than 5 or 10 years?
- Once profitability is achieved, how do you plan to grow? like through Expansion, Outsourcing or acquisitions?
Barriers to Entry
- Can your product or service be easily mimicked or is it a niche product possibly protected by patents or trade secrets?
- How hard will it be for prospective competitors to chip away at your business?
- How can you build a protective moat around your company with side businesses to insure that your company business is protected?
Your idea should be able to go through all of the above criteria. Your idea must be sustainable in the long run. Shrewd planning, careful market timing and long-distance foresight are the keys to establishing a successful small business.
For beginners, to start as stock investor, you will need to open a brokerage account with a reputable stock broker. Depending on how you want to go about investing in shares, whether it is through your own research or have your broker give you recommendations, will determine what kind of brokerage account you would want to open.
We have two types of stock brokers:
- Full service stock broker
- Discount stock broker
A full service brokerage account generally charges higher commissions but provides investors with the personal services of a registered stock broker, licensed to give recommendations on stocks and also conducts investment research for clients. Most full service stock brokerage accounts generally require a larger minimum deposit than a discount brokerage account.
A discount brokerage account, has lower initial deposit requirements and charges the customer considerably lower commissions, but does not provide clients with any research. Most discount stock brokerages offer their customers a trading platform and online-in house research which can be adequate for most investors.
One investment strategy when opening a full service brokerage account, is the opportunity to subscribe to initial public offerings (IPO) of previously private companies in the process of issuing stock to the public-This is not generally available to customers of discount brokerages. Investing in IPOs of a promising company has made many millionaires out of regular investors.
After having your trading account opened, if it is with a discount broker, you can then research what type of stock you wish to purchase, many resources exist online. If you have an account with a full service broker, ask about, upcoming IPOs and how your broker can add you to a subscription list as well as what stocks are currently recommended by the brokerage firm.
Sales strategies have undergone a transformation in this new age of digital communication. Interactive technology, real-time data and online ordering have dramatically changed what it takes to win. True sales leaders don’t confuse activity with results, they know how to create the kind of engagement that matter. The following approaches allow you to accelerate the sales process incorporating tactics that are not manipulative:
- Act as Trusted advisor – the trusted adviser says, ” maybe we aren’t the right fit for you. But I’ll help you find someone who is…” This trust-base approach shows a long-term focus not a “get the sale now” mindset. Trusted advisor keep clients informed, and focus on the information that will build a long-term relationship-even if it means missing a quick transaction along the way.
- Painless Process – show how your solution reduces more pain than the competition or the status quo. A delicate balance is required here, because-while the results may be presented as relatively painless, transitions never are. Selling on pain avoidance means you may have to concentrate heavily on the, ‘how’ – delivering your service in a way that justifies your claims.
- The fixer – Are you able to correct the mistakes of a past vendor? or even correcting the problems in the current culture and processes within your client’s organization. If you can fix your clients problems, then he will probably buy from you, but approach this with caution.
- The online master – an easier web experience means that it is easier to do business with your company. Winning online can pose a significant advantage in terms of speed, reduced cost, and overall customer satisfaction.
- The Referral Sale – using connections to similar customers, this strategy is based on the idea that your product or service has worked for other similar companies.
- Service sells – Customers that buy from you want to know what happens after they buy. Quality is continuous, it doesn’t stop on the loading dock when a product arrives.
- Return on Investment strategy – calculate the return before you ask for the investment. Show knowledge of your customer’s business and your understanding of the impact of your solution. Your product is the ‘ what’, your delivery is the ‘how’ and the ”ROI” is the ”why”, in the sales process.
- Similar Values – If you are connected to your customer via shared values, networking or organizations, that connection can open the door to a sale. But your value proposition still has to be compelling, you can’t trade only on relationships.
We are going to discuss factors that you can consider to achieve success in your career and avoid mistakes made by most people. These factors are compiled from seasoned and successful people who have made it in their jobs of their choice. Lets look at them as follows:
- Take responsibility for your career – Don’t depend on your company for everything. Gone are the days when people spend their lifetime working for one company and relying on a pension and social security. Have an internal locus of control: you are in charge of your career and your life. Design your own career, because if you don’t others will.
- Work by design, not by default – Decide what direction you want to go from the start, then begin moving in that direction today. Don’t let inertia and circumstances dictate which direction your career goes.
- Know yourself – Decide what you want out of life, then do your research, find out which career tend to bring people the most money, happiness, fulfillment or whatever you are looking for. Then examine yourself. Do you have what it takes, based on your test scores, strengths and weaknesses, personality and willingness to put in whatever effort is required of you. Talk to people who have achieved what you want to achieve, to see if it brought them the rewards you’re expecting.
- Have the right frame of mind that serves you – Success comes easy with the right frames of mind, mental attitudes that color how you think about things. Be optimistic: Expect great things to happen, be enthusiastic about the path you are on, have abundance mentality, act with confidence, show appreciation, and make your work fun.
- Have a career aligned with who you are or want to become – Your values should guide you in a career choice. If you value Honesty, Integrity, Justice, factor that in your career choice. If you ever want to make a positive impact on the world, do something that helps others. Whatever course you take be guided by authenticity, be who you are at the core.
- Decide what a career is for – Your career should be aligned with who you are at a fundamental level no less than any other aspect of your life is. You should aim at maximizing happiness, pleasure and meaning while working and at play in your life. In a nutshell, figure out what you want out of life and then figure out what role your career can play in making it happen.
- Be guided by your passions – Find a career on something you are passionate about. Share your passion with the world as you cultivate it. Note that the most successful people tend to be the ones who are passionate about what they work on.
- Have a healthy attitude towards money – Don’t let money dictate the direction your career goes. You can fore-go money for skills now, then get the high paying job in future but not the other way round. Think long-term and take more intelligent risks.
- Think Big – The higher you aim, the more you’ll achieve, even if you don’t hit your mark. Don’t be too quick to settle for less than what you want. The system will occasionally present you with the opportunity to sell out and take money now in exchange for selling a piece of your dream. Always resist this temptation. The best way to think big is to be guided by passion, authenticity and optimism, not money.
- Set smart goals – Dreams without action, is nothing. You will need structure and discipline to have the career you want. Intelligent goal setting is an essential step. Have achievable goals. Work with a sense of urgency and monitor your progress, to make sure you are moving in the direction of your goals. Don’t be satisfied with things staying the same. Try to make everything in your life better than before. Have your goals written down, with deadlines and if possible make them quantifiable.
- Learn – You need to learn in order to succeed in your career. Talk to successful people in your desired field and ask what skills helped them succeed and how they developed those skills. When learning focus on skills development and transformation of mind and character.
- Focus – Focus on the activities that will propel your career in the direction you want to take it. Simplify, prioritize, delegate, do whatever it takes to focus on what really matters.
- Be open – Flexibility is essential to career success and comes in different forms. Be open to different view points, this is the fastest way to learn. Be open to working independently and as a member of a team. Be open to change, since the world keeps changing so quick that those people who can’t adapt get left behind and lastly be open to trying different tasks at work.
- Get motivated – Don’t look for motivation from your employer or your boss, but be internally motivated. The most successful people in business and life are the ones who push themselves rather than waiting for someone to push them. Motivation is easier when you are passionate about what you are doing, and when you have clear goals and a clear idea of why you want to achieve those goals. This will give you the energy you need to keep moving forward in good and bad times.
- Lastly, be less afraid – Fear takes on many forms in careers in life, and many of them are counterproductive. Fear of making mistakes leads to a perfectionism that reduces productivity and stifles creativity. Fear of criticism keeps people from speaking up and sharing their ideas. Fear of failure holds people back from even trying. Move out of your comfort zone. Move towards challenges and not away from them.