Succeeding in blogging as an online venture depends so much on the amount of traffic that is visiting your site. The higher the number of visitors to your blog, the better for your online business. There are several ways in which you can generate Traffic to your blog. In this article, we are going to look at different ways in which you can generate free traffic to your blog as detailed below:
- Social Media – Social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, LinkedIn etc. can be a major source of free traffic if used well. All you need to do is post your blog post link on any of these social networks, whenever a person visits your site through a link posted on social network, it is treated as a free traffic. But this doesn’t come that is easy, you will need to time engaging your followers in the comment sections, and replying to their questions or queries to build a reliable traffic base. Your followers need to see you as someone they can interact with freely and learn from. Also you need to have a quite a large following on these networks to be able to get a reasonable traffic from them.
- Search Engine – This can be one of your major traffic sources. The Search Engines includes Google, Bing and Yahoo. Most of the successful bloggers in fact use Search Engines as the main source of traffic. But for you to benefit from Search Engine free traffic, you have follow Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Techniques. Some of the Techniques include, On Page Optimization, which if followed well, may see your blog pages or posts ranked high in Search Engine Results Page (SERP), and thus you get high volume traffic to your blog.
- Email Marketing – If you want to generate highly targeted, free traffic to your blog, that is relevant to your blog content, then email marketing is a good option. This involves building an email list. To achieve good results, you need to entice your visitors by offering free Newsletters, or E-books. Once you build your email list, you can pursue email marketing. You can send emails to these subscribers with links to your latest blog posts. When the users clicks on these links, then are directed to your site. The advantage of Email Marketing is that it goes a long way in helping you build a fruitful and long-lasting relationship with your visitors.
- Guest Blogging – Guest posting is also a free traffic source. You need to select high quality blogs in your niche that have a good traffic for your guest posting. When your guest posts are approved, they are then published. To be able to benefit from the traffic from those blogs where you are guest posting, you can include one or two back links such as from the author bio section or from within the guest post. Guest blogging also helps you build back links for search engine optimization.
Join our Newsletter list Here.
- Forum Posting – Forum posting/Forum Marketing is where you share your views, opinions and expertise as well as ask & answer questions on topics relevant to your niche, you then leave behind your identity signature that carries a link to your site or blog post. These forums usually have a large audience base where people participate in discussions. If you actively participate in these forums, you can benefit from these large audience by driving them to your blog besides benefiting from back links.
- Video Marketing – Nowadays videos are getting more popular with most of the internet users. You can use Video marketing as one of your strategies to drive traffic to your blog. You develop a video that is relevant to your blog’s niche and upload to sites like YouTube or Vimeo. In the description section, you can include a link or two pointing to your site. When users watch videos posted by you, they also get links to your blog. Once they click on these links, they arrive at your site or blog hence bringing in more traffic to your blog.
- Blog Commenting – This is similar to Forum Marketing though the only difference is you are commenting on the blog. With good blog commenting, you can build up your brand value. Regularly commenting on blogs helps you to build your relationship with other bloggers. You are seen as an expert who has authority on the subject in which you are commenting. You can leave a link to your blog where necessary in the comment section. This can bring free traffic to your blog.
- Document sharing sites – These are sites used to host PDF files or any other documents. All you need to do is to upload PDF documents, which can be downloaded by other people. You can attach a link to your site from within the PDF document. This will enable you to drive traffic to your blog.
- RSS Aggregators – These are websites which collects/aggregates blog post. You need to list your site in a RSS Aggregator and your latest blog post will be shown on their website. The advantage here is that you get an opportunity to access a larger readership base.
- Q&A Traffic – Q/A sites like Quora, Yahoo answers can be used to drive traffic to your site. When you answer questions in your niche, you have an opportunity to place a link to your site in the references section. This can boost your traffic when people visit your blog for more information.