Pinterest is one of the social media platforms that you can use to engage and drive traffic to your blog. In fact if you use Pinterest in the best way, it can be the biggest source of traffic to your blog. In this post we look at some of the things that you need to work on in order to fully benefit from Pinterest.
Use an Enhanced Profile
You can enhance your profile by doing the following:
- Change your profile to a business page.
- Verify your website URL.
- Add keywords beside your name like if you are an event planner, add ” Event Planner” on it.
- Include links to social networks.
- Create a custom URL.
- Since you have a business page, it does not make sense to put your profile picture there, it will be better if you use a profile photo relevant to your industry.
- Incorporate Keywords in your bio.
- Add your location to boost local traffic.
- Then remember to Turn off your ” Search Privacy” settings.
Tailwind makes it easy to grow your Pinterest Traffic. Sign up Here.
- Write a valuable and engaging description.
- Include keywords e.g. #hashtags, mention people and add your URL in your description.
- Add the correct source URL. Add your URL if you own the content.
- Use large, tall and eye-catching images.
- Do Not use URL shortening such as bit.ly, goo.gl etc. since these are blocked.
- Use search-friendly filename for images and add keywords in it.
- Use rich pins to add more details to your content and make it more informative.
- Pin regularly and consistently.
- Use auto-schedule tools to keep your pinterest fresh.
- Add the ”Pin It” button to your browser to easily pin content from other sites.
- Add more pins that your targeted audience will love.
- Get influencers to pin your content.
- Find out what your competitors are pinning and their most popular pins.
- Test with Pinterest Analytics which content gets most pinning and add similar pins.
- Create content related to current trends or events.
- Share pins related to current trends or events.
- Avoid self promotion. Pin preferred images without human faces.
- Pin older content again to other relevant boards.
- Pin other type of content such as Videos or animated gifs.
Optimize your Boards
- Create specific board Title
- Write clear description and inject some keywords.
- Use enticing cover photos to grab people’s attention.
- Add enough pins in each board to make them look complete.
- Create ” Top Pins” boards. It’s a way of convincing your visitors to pin them again.
- Put your best boards to the top row.
Use Pinterest Widget
- Use the ”Pin it” button to your blog. Add to your site URL in your images ALT tags.
- Add a share button to your site.
- Embed a board widget to your site’s sidebar or footer.
- Embed a related pin within your blog post.
- To engage your audience, you need to Reply to comments, or like pins of people who pin your content.
- Invite contributors to pin on your board or join boards.
- Connect your social media accounts to pinterest.
- Follow people in your industry or Niche.
- Run a contest directly on your site.