SEO if well fixed on your blog, can lead to your blog getting good traffic from Search engines besides social media which is preferred by most bloggers. Search engines can provide free extra traffic without requiring much effort from you other than just making sure your blog is optimized for search engines. You can also change these random visitors from search engines to subscribers. Here we discuss some of the important SEO tips that you can apply on your blog to help you achieve a higher rank in search engines hence get those extra visitors to your site.
- Target right keywords – You should target keywords that belong to your niche. Choose keywords that you think will work and help your site rank. Don’t just go for keywords that are really broad and competitive because most of the popular blogs are already ranking higher on those keywords therefore it is important to make sure you target unique keywords but not too unique that no person is searching for them.
- Write headings for search engines and people – Your headings should be something that ranks well in search engines and also attracts more people to share it over the social media. Don’t just make headings for search engines. You may rank for the same but lose it at the same time because your headings would not attract many people to click on your link in search engines. The best compromise is ensuring that both search engines and people love your blog. All you need to do is to write headings that people search on in search engines like e.g. SEO tips for bloggers, How to increase your Blog traffic, How to make money online etc.
- Links building – There are many ways to build quality links back to your blog e.g. Guest posting, by adding a link to your blog on your post. Guest posting is also a good way to get into a new community and get more blog traffic. You can also build links through a relationship whereby you contact the owner of a blog and request to exchange links. This means that you add a link to his or her blog as a reference on one of your post and he does the same hence increase your traffic and backlinks.
- Quality over Quantity – Quality promotes sharing and linking, which will increase your ranking in search engines.
- Keep an eye on SEO Updates – You need to keep an eye on SEO updates. If you don’t check the SEO updates this could affect your blog since you will not be able to implement them hence leading to your blog dropping in search engine rankings.