Google Adsense is very strict when it comes to approving new application. Here you will get tips on what you need to do before applying for Google Adsense program and get approved.
One of the reasons why Google Adsense is preferred by many bloggers is because you can earn big money if you work in the right way.
You might have applied for google Adsense, and gotten a rejection. This might be due to the following reasons:
- Insufficient Content or Unacceptable site content – Your blog might be having insufficient content that specialists at Google can review. Note that Content is given a lot of value and attention. If you have a poorly written content with many grammatical mistakes, then your application will be rejected from the word go. Also note that your content must be unique and provide something to the users/readers inform of value.
- Poor Design of your blog – Blogs that are poorly designed and are hard for the visitors to understand get rejected by Google Adsense. Take note of the colors you are using, that they may not scare away the visitors. You must have a neat design which is beautiful and comfortable to the visitor’s eyes.
- Your site doesn’t comply with Google Adsense policies – You site doesn’t have organic traffic, no rich, unique and meaningful content. You have pages that doesn’t have any content or no original content. No clear navigation and organization. Also having traffic through illegal sources goes against the Google Adsense policies. Make sure you check the Google Adsense policies to avoid mistakes like these.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU APPLY FOR ADSENSE
The first and foremost thing to do is to ensure that you are writing high quality content that visitors can enjoy. A high quality content is one is:
- Unique and original
- Has proper headings and bullet lists
- Free from grammar and spelling mistakes
- Useful and informative
- Quite long
Create about page
You must have about page before you can get approved. This shows that there is a real person behind the blog. An about page simply describes you and your blog. This will help in establishing a relationship with the readers and make them trust you.
Create a Privacy page for your Blog
Setup a Contact Us page
You can add an email that you are going to apply for google Adsense. If possible use a professional email address like firstname.lastname@example.org and your social links too. This means that you care for your customers, visitors and that they can contact you anytime
Verify your Name and Email
Put your name and email address in some easily visible area like about and contact pages. This will confirm to Google Adsense team that it is the same person who applied for Google Adsense and not a spam or crappy bots.
Have some good number of Posts
Though there isn’t a known number of posts that you need to get approved, make sure you have written a number of posts before applying like 20 posts. These posts should have enough views, and even comments on them.
Improve your Blog Design
The first time you visit a website the first thing you look for is the blog design. You need to build a good first impression on your blog readers to engage them. Your blog design is the most important factor that comes after content. This represents your expertise, experience, and professionalism. Your blog should have the following features:
- Simple and professional
- Easy to navigate
- Proper menus
- No useless items in sidebar and footer
- Search engine friendly
- Fast loading
Monetize your blog with some of the best ads networks in the market:
Check your content type
Make sure you don’t publish content that is prohibited by Adsense like:
- Pornographic/Adult materials
- Hacking or cracking Tutorials
- Illegal Drugs/Paraphernalia
- Pirated content
- Any illegal stuff
Use top Level Domain
You must have your own unique domain that specifies your blog. Without a domain then you won’t get approval. You can get a domain at reasonable prices at IPAGE. The best domain is one with .com extension. Choose a short and easy to remember domain that is related to your content niche on your blog. In some countries like Asian ones, the Adsense has domain age restrictions. They don’t accept any sites which are less than 6 months old. But not that age doesn’t matter when you have a high quality blog that is bringing in visitors and cares about them at the same time.
You can also read: Best Google Adsense Alternatives
Check your traffic sources
Do not use paid traffic since Google won’t accept your application. Focus on getting traffic from legal sources like social media, search engines and related blogs.
Make sure you are 18+
This is a trouble you can get in by writing incorrect age. Use your correct date of birth and age while applying for google Adsense account.
Make sure you do your homework well before you make the application for google Adsense. Take note of what I have discussed here. Even if you get rejected do not lose hope, take note of the issues mentioned in the rejection email and try to fix them, then apply again. Am sure if you attend to all the issues mentioned in the rejection email, your application will be approved.