We have several networks that are used by bloggers and website owners to monetize their sites. Some are ad networks while others are considered ad management and optimization networks.
Examples of ad networks:
- Google Adsense
- Media net
Examples of ad management & optimization networks:
I have looked at some of the above listed networks in details in the following posts:
- How to Increase your ad revenue using Ezoic Ad tester
- Why media net is the best alternative to Google Adsense
- How to get Approved by Google Adsense
In this post, I will discuss in details, Mediavine ad manager and why it is considered the best over other networks like Google Adsense.
So what is Mediavine?
Mediavine is a network that offers ad management, which includes: Display ad optimization, Video monetization and Sponsored influencer marketing. They let you focus on creating content and with just an installation of a single script on your site; they are able to optimize all ad placements for best performance in terms of revenue.
Actually they have a WordPress Plugin, which makes installation and set up very easy for WordPress users. You don’t have to worry about using ad codes or scripts.
Setting up Mediavine on your WordPress website
- You start by downloading the Mediavine WordPress Plugin
- You active the plugin, then go to Mediavine Control plugin page
- In your Mediavine account, go to the dashboard and copy your site ID from ad set up menu.
- Paste the site ID (xxx), in the Mediavine WordPress Plugin control panel settings page section
- Tick other sections per the instructions, and then click save changes to complete the set up.
Mediavine ad set up for Non WordPress users
To join Mediavine, you need at least 25,000 sessions per month according to Google Analytics, do not confuse this with page views.
Why is Mediavine liked by most bloggers?
Let us now look at some of the reasons why it is every blogger’s dream to monetize his or her blog with Mediavine:
- Since Mediavine has Google Adsense plus many other advertising partners in its inventory of ads, and the advertiser with highest bid wins a spot for ad placement on your website, you are assured of earning higher than Google Adsense.
- They provide lazy loading ads, which ensure your site loads fast.
- They provide an option to monetize your videos using the Mediavine video player, this enables you to stream your videos directly on your site, while monetizing at rates even better than YouTube.
- Setting up Mediavine ads, is so easy especially for WordPress users, you just need to install their plugin, activate and copy your site ID into it, and you are done.
- They provide an opportunity to generate additional income through sponsored posts besides display of ads.
- They are Google Certified Publishing Partner; this means publishers are in good hands of the leading ad technology experts.
- The network is run and managed by bloggers who are ready to optimize your ad position, run your ad server and manage your advertiser relationships.
- They have a good support and customer care system in place. They also have a Facebook Group where you can ask questions on any issue you may have or engage with fellow publishers.