When it comes to monetizing a website through display of ads, we have so many ad networks that you can work with. Since I started blogging I have tested countless ad networks until I found the best networks that I use to generate some reasonable income from my site.
One of the networks I have been using is Ezoic, I have been working with this network for almost a year now, at the writing of this post, and from the experience I have had with them, I can easily recommend them to anyone who want to increase their revenue on their websites/blogs.
Recently I came across a new network that every publisher is talking about right now, called Monumetric. They almost do the same thing as Ezoic. Since am always looking for better networks to help me earn online, I had to check out this ad management network. I applied to join, but after going through their terms and conditions, I decided not to proceed with the application and that is why am going to discuss some of the reasons that made me not to consider joining Monumetric and stick with Ezoic.
Before we learn more about Monumetric let’s look at Ezoic for those who have no knowledge about it.
What is Ezoic?
Actually Ezoic is an ad-testing platform that enables website owners or publishers to increase their site’s revenue as well as user experience. The Ezoic Ad Tester helps publishers optimize their ad performance.
I have discussed extensively how Ezoic ad tester works in the following articles:
- How to Increase your ad revenue by 50-250% using Ezoic ad tester
- Is Ezoic the Best Alternative to Mediavine?
As I indicated up there, Monumetric almost works in the same way as Ezoic. They are an ad manager. They help publishers earn more on their websites by optimizing their ads i.e. they will determine the best ads placement on your site to maximize impressions.
Key Points about Monumetric
- They have 4 programs in place with different traffic requirements i.e. Propel (10K-80K page views/month), Ascend (80K-150K page views/month), Stratos (500K-10 million page views/month), Apollo (10 million+ page views/month)
- You need at least 10K page views per month to join the network
- Publishers who have over 10K page views per month but less than 80K page views/month must pay $99 to join the program
- For Propel users, they must have a minimum of 6 ads on their site, they must also not create new contract with external ad providers for more than 2 additional ads, they must also inform Monumetric of any request for new ad partners and lastly they must allow Monumetric the right to place in-image ads on their website when they go live with Propel.
- Monumetric will do the set-up and install the tags on your website although you can still do it by yourself.
- You have to keep Monumetric ad tags live for 30 straight days after joining the network to qualify for your earned revenue.
- You have to give them a 30 day notice before leaving the program i.e. terminating the agreement.
- If a publisher leaves the program without a sufficient notice, they stand losing the refund of the fee they paid.
Let us now compare this with what Ezoic platform can offer, and what is required of you to join them:
- While both Ezoic and Monumetric allow publishers to join their platforms with at least 10,000 monthly page views to their websites, Ezoic does not charge publishers, it is free to join but Monumetric Propel users have to pay $99 to join the network
- Although Publishers in both networks can control the number of ads that run on their websites, Monumetric Propel users have to a keep a minimum of 6 ads on their sites.
- For Ezoic users, they can easily switch ON/OFF Ezoic ads without any problem whereas new users joining Monumetric must keep their ad tags live for straight 30 days.
- You don’t need any notice to leave Ezoic, you can simply stop displaying Ezoic ads and Ezoic will pay you any pending balance as scheduled but for Monumetric you have to give them a 30 day notice prior to leaving their platform.
- Implementing Ezoic on your website can take a matter of minutes provided your site is approved. Site approval takes 1-3 days whereas for Monumetric, you have to have wait for 2-6 weeks to have ads running on your approved website.
- Ezoic users can work with any ad network of their choice whereas for Monumetric Propel users, they have to inform Monumetric of any requests to work with new ad partners.
- Ezoic payment is done on Net 30 days while for Monumetric, it is Net 60
The above gives you a clear understanding how these two networks differ, and can help you make an informed decision when you are choosing one over the other, to me the best option for new bloggers is Ezoic.